The Wildlife Experience & Private Blue Mountains Day Trip Overview
Departure Time: 7:30 am — Return Time: 6:00 pm
In addition to the regular Blue Mountains trip, you will visit Featherdale Wildlife Park which is home to one of Australia’s most comprehensive collections of native wildlife. Have a personal encounter with a Koala and hand feed Kangaroos and Wallabies. Located western Sydney, on our way to the famous Blue Mountains, Featherdale is Sydney’s ‘hands on’ wildlife experience.
From the initial greeting by the swaggie at the entrance to the park, visitors are invited to take a walk on the wild side and meet over 1,700 animals from more than 280 different species. As well as many Koalas and Kangaroos, features include face-to-face encounters with all kinds of wildlife including Wallabies, Emus, an amazingly diverse range of birds and 40 species of reptiles in the Reptilian Pavilion.
You will also get the chance to encounter some more unexpected highlights such as Bettongs, Little Penguins, Wombats, a 4.5-metre Saltwater Crocodile and 30 species of endangered or vulnerable animals including Bilbys.
What you can expext on the Wildlife Experience & Private Blue Mountains Day Trip
After being picked up from your Sydney hotel, we head off west generally following the route the early explorers carved through the mountains.
Our first stop is at Featherdale Wildlife Park (https://www.featherdale.com.au) that provides a home to over 1,700 Australian native animals from more than 250 different species and serves as Australia’s largest native collection. Focusing solely on native animals, here you will find the largest collection of koalas in New South Wales, open enclosures filled with kangaroos and wallabies, as well as lots of Australian animals, such as dingos, echidnas, wombats, bilbies, Tasmanian devils, reptiles and a stunning collection of birds from Australia and around the world.
Once back on the road, we head towards Leura and the world famous Sublime Point lookout for a great view down the Jamison Valley and your first glance of the Three Sisters.
Next, is Katoomba and Echo Point and the world famous Three Sisters. Once we finish here, we head towards our next stop which is the Scenic World https://www.scenicworld.com.au) where (for an extra cost) you can take a ride across the valley on the Sky View cable car or drop down into the valley by riding the steepest passenger railway in the world.
We now start heading back home reaching your hotel at around 6pm.
Additional information about the Wildlife Experience & Private Blue Mountains Day Trip
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Bottled water
- Featherdale Wildlife Park, entry fees
- Scenic World, entry fees
- Driver/guide Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 passengers and maximum of 4 passengers per booking is required (no children under 7 years are allowed)
- Not recommended for passengers with back problems
- Not recommended for passengers with heart complaints or serious medical conditions
- A substantial amount of walking is involved
- We do not recommended this tour for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not suitable for waking frames or wheelchair
- We operate in all weather conditions, please ensure that you dress appropriately and bring wet and cold weather clothing as well as good walking shoes
- We operate our tours in an All Wheel Drive SUV best suitable for 4 passengers in total including the driver, however can accommodate 5 passengers in total including the driver.
Tour operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included in your Confirmation Voucher.
Tour Vehicle information
We currently operate a Lexus NX Sports Luxury All Wheel Drive SUV, which is a luxury crossover that seats a maximum of 5 passengers including the driver.
If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 10 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee. If you cancel with less than 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 % cancellation fee.
Is at approx. 7:30am
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time; you must contact the operator to verify your exact pickup time and location.
Duration is 10 hours (approx.).
Return to original departure point is at approximately 6pm.